Wednesday, February 11, 2009

First Speedpainting - not so much

I've been wanting to get back into traditional painting for a while. One of the ways I'm going to try to push myself with my art is to record the processes of what I do. That way I can track my progress and see repeated mistakes.
My first attempt at this was a huge failure for me. I tried to get too fancy, these are supposed to be a learning process. And yet I arrogantly thought I could bang out a painting after not touching a real brush in years. This was supposed to be a limited pallete but I was trying for color too much and not focusing on value.



I realized from the very first brushstroke that this wasn't going well. It was redeemable for a while and then i worked it to death.
The good news is that before the paint was dry on this mess I had redrawn it and was ready to start again. I hope to finish that one next week. I'm putting this one up there both in the hopes that someone may see this and learn from my mistakes, and recording this so I can look back on it later.

It was so hard not to just delete this movie off the camera.

No comments: